Ships in 1-2 weeks
New for 2022!!
Our mud kitchens are designed and handmade in America. They are perfect for our favorite imaginary play – making mud pies! Sensory and imaginary play have become widely understood to be fundamental for brain development and what better place for it then outdoors. The large stainless-steel bins can be filled with mud or anything else you can think of and are easily removed for clean-up.
We have sized the kitchens to be big enough for at least two to use together and if you don’t add the backwall, four toddlers can have quite a party in the mud. All variations come with a lower storage shelf. The optional backwall includes a small shelf and two hooks for hanging utensils, but it does restrict the number of people that can use the kitchen at one time (it is easily taken on and off if you care to). You can order your kitchen with none, one or two large stainless-steel sinks (lids included) and with a choice of three leg heights. Extra leg lengths are available separately.
**Lifestyle images shown in a variety of configurations & finishes. Please refer to the white background photos to get a sense of the finish color.
- We pride ourselves in the highest quality craftsmanship you’ll find in a mud kitchen, featuring premium grade domestic lumber, pocket screws, dado joints and tabletops that do not have any visible nails or screws.
- Our kitchens are made to fit in a box with minimal packing materials to have as small of an ecological impact on the Earth as possible.
- Made with domestically sourced, sustainable pine and cedar
- Easy to Assemble – it takes about 10 minutes
- Hand crafted in Denver, Colorado
Features and Specifications
- Item #PMK
- Item Weight: 32 lbs.
- Dimensions: 32" L x 16" W x 19/21/28” H (Kitchen top height depending on the leg length chosen), if a backwall is attached the height is 34”
- Kitchen top dimensions: 32" L x 16" W
- Clearance from floor to the lower storage shelf: 11”
- Bins ship in a separate box
- Minor assembly is required which will take about 10 minutes. All pieces have pre-drilled holes and come with all needed screws. The tabletop, lower shelf, and backwall come already completely assembled so all you have to do is attach them to the legs.
Material and Finish:
- 100% sustainably forested, domestic pine and cedar throughout
- All Little Colorado finishes are non-toxic and safe for children. We use food grade mineral oil for our "oiled finish". It will weather over time or you can reapply to keep a like new appearance.
- Please note, all unfinished products are meant to be finished with stain, sealer or paint before use. Visit our page on working with unfinished toddler furnitureto learn more.
- All products are made to order and typically take 3-5 business days to ship.