Our Modular Monti system is a line that converts a simple shelf into a desk, a dollhouse, a self-care station, and more. It is designed to grow and transform as your toddler does, with interchangeable parts that turn existing furniture into different, exciting products that suit your child's current size and varied interests.
The Modular Monti One-Tier Shelf is the shortest shelf we make and comes in three widths: 20", 30" and 40". It is sturdy enough for either a home setting or classroom.
The open design allows children of different ages to remove things from the shelves and then replace them when they are finished playing or reading. Infants can easily reach the lower shelf or use it as a support to pull themselves up and guide them while trying out those all-important first steps.
If you practice toy rotation we strongly recommend the Toy Rotation option. Because the drawers are removable you can set up one of the shelves for rotation storage. As a result, if over time you no longer need the storage the drawers can be removed–or they can be switched from one shelf to another as your toddler grows.
Standard lead time of 3-5 business days for a Montessori product.
Need to convert your shelf? Check out our collection of conversion kits here!
As part of our Refund&Refresh program, when your children outgrow their furniture we will buy the product back from you for 30% of its original purchase price.
Made in Denver, Colorado.
If you are interested in a custom or bulk Montessori order, please contact us or fill out our Montessori inquiry form.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Item #M1TS
- Dimensions: 11.5" deep x 20" high x 30" or 40" long
- Available in Unfinished, Natural or White finish
- Construction of 18mm Birch plywood
- Limited assembly required - approximately 15-20 minutes with just an allen wrench
MATERIALS AND FINISH
- CARB-2 compliant Birch plywood construction throughout.
- All finishes are water-based paints and stains, so our furniture is non-toxic and safe for children. There may be an odor when products are first unpacked, but it will dissipate more rapidly with warmer temperatures and air movement.
Please note: all unfinished products are meant to be finished with stain, sealer, or paint before use. Visit our page on working with unfinished toddler furniture to learn more.
- Since we manufacture all Little Colorado products in our own facility, they start out as Birch wood. We can offer every piece unfinished at lower prices if you would prefer to stain or paint it yourself.