The Treasure Chest provides all the benefits and style of our best-selling Captain’s Chest, but at a lower price and shipping cost (because the Captain's Chest ships fully assembled). The lid is all solid Knotty Pine construction, and the box is made from either solid pine or MDF, depending on the finish you choose.
Made in Denver, Colorado.
Features and Specifications
- Item #53
- 29"L x 19"W x 18"H
- Inside dimensions: 26 1/4" x 16 1/2" x 12"
- Weight: Knotty Pine construction - approximately 31lbs, MDF construction - approximately 43lbs.
- Knotty Pine construction throughout when ordered in Unfinished, Natural, Honey Oak or Espresso. When ordered in Pink, Lavender, Gray, White or Linen, parts will be made of MDF for a smoother finish.
On unfinished or natural orders you may see small blueish streaks in the knotty pine which is called "blue stain". To learn more see the Materials page of the website. Streaks are small and light enough that when ordered in honey oak, espresso or painted they wont be noticeable.
- Because this chest uses the very best lid support available, the lid holds its position at any angle, thoroughly ensuring your toddler's safety.
- Your toddler's safety is further assured with cutout handles and a front finger cutout.
- Vinyl personalization is available on the front of the chest in Blue, Red, White, Green, Pink, Beige, Purple, Powder Blue, Apple Green, or Black. For an unfinished toy box, the lettering will come separately; apply it after you have finished assembling the toy box. Click here to preview the colors.
- Ships unassembled, with the exception of the lid, which is fully constructed.
Materials and Finish
- All finishes are water-based paints and stains so that our furniture is non-toxic and safe for children. There may be an odor when first unpacked but will dissipate more rapidly with warmer temperatures and air movement.
Please note, all unfinished products are meant to be finished with stain, sealer or paint before use. Visit our page on working with unfinished toddler furniture to learn more.
- All products are made to order and typically take 3-5 business days to ship.
- Since we manufacture all Little Colorado products in our own facility, they start out as unfinished raw wood. We can offer every piece unfinished at lower prices if you would prefer to stain or paint it yourself.